Friday, June 8, 2012

On a hunt

We are on a 'hunt' for a paediatrician.

The current GP Medical Centre is very bad even for a general use, unfortunately. There are a bunch of GPs (or should I say a bunch of pansies) practising and I tried most of them. One used Google image search to diagnose my itching chicken pox skin rash. One forced me to have a flu jab at 4+5!! One diagnosed my peeling skin condition as dermatitis even pointed out a picture of fluid filled red pimples on the palm (it wasn't the case, in fact it wasn't even close to that picture). The same one diagnosed me with tender breast when my backbone (thus rib) was twisted and locked. Another one prescribed antibiotics for a vital infection. I won't let them near my baby. Time for a change? Maybe, but GPs are just general practitioners not doctors of infants and children.

We are looking to find a properly trained and qualified paediatrician, an experienced one. Who can provide the quality of medical care. Whom we can develop a close relationship. Who has the ability to listen, and the openness to questions, and the willingness to respond to them fully and clearly. Who believes in preventive medicine, and last but not least, who has genuine fondness for children. In one sentence, we are searching for Dr Right.

No comments: